Google

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Joy of Shamelessness

Things I learned in the hospital after my c-sections:

  • Catheters aren't all that bad. I wish I could have one at work so I wouldn't have to leave my desk every hour. I wonder who would change my bag???
  • I actually can be blasé about a room full of people seeing my bloated naked body. Even that one guy who was taking notes.
  • Nurses are REALLY strong! I apologized to mine after they lifted me from the stretcher to the bed. I think that fact may have saved me from litigation for reimbursement of some chiropractor bills.
  • Self-administered morphine drips are your friend.
  • Hospital food tastes like gourmet cuisine when you haven't eaten anything but ice chips in over 48 hours.
  • There's nothing wrong with begging for laxatives.
  • More people see (and touch) your boobs over the course of 5 days than they will ever been seen/touched in your life.

Despite the above, the day came when a nurse rolled me to my side and said..."I'm just checking for hemorrhoids...yep, there's one". You've crossed the line, lady. Some things are sacred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home