The Sandwich Strikes Back
*Names have been changed to protect the mocked!
No one, I repeat, NO ONE can tell this story like my friend, Kat. After all....it's her story. But she also happens to be the best storyteller I know....she is so animated, talks a mile a minute, and embellishments always abound. However, I need blog material, so I'm borrowing it. Hopefully I can do it justice.
A little background. Kat is married to Silvio. She's a southern implant to Yankeeville. She would tell you herself that she is a typical blond... I guess a bit ditsy, to give a fair depiction. She doesn't do a whole lot of cooking besides simple fare for the kids. Silvio cooks the real meals.
One day Kat offered to make a sandwich for Silvio. He wanted a grilled cheese. Can't go wrong there, even for those with limited culinary experience. So off she went to the fridge. Kraft singles, butter, bread. Get the frying pan. Melt the butter. Fry until the sandwich is brown on both sides. Done! Looks good!
Kat brought the sandwich to Silvio, proud of her accomplishment. She watched as Silvio took a bite and waited for praise for her creation. Her look of pride turned to horror as Silvio began to scream. Pain didn't allow him to tell her what's wrong for a minute or two.
Finally, he was able to reveal to her the cause of his outburst. Forming on his chin was a bright red blister. Kat didn't understand. The sandwich had cooled enough before she brought it to him. What could have happened?
Peeling back the bread from the sandwich, the answer was obvious. When one makes a grilled cheese with Kraft singles, it is good practice to remove the cheese slices from the plastic wrappers. If this simple rule is not followed, the result of biting down on a plastic-wrapped slice of cheese may be compared to lava erupting from a volcano. Does not make for a happy lunch experience.
PS Kat also recently learned that pickles are cucumbers.
No one, I repeat, NO ONE can tell this story like my friend, Kat. After all....it's her story. But she also happens to be the best storyteller I know....she is so animated, talks a mile a minute, and embellishments always abound. However, I need blog material, so I'm borrowing it. Hopefully I can do it justice.
A little background. Kat is married to Silvio. She's a southern implant to Yankeeville. She would tell you herself that she is a typical blond... I guess a bit ditsy, to give a fair depiction. She doesn't do a whole lot of cooking besides simple fare for the kids. Silvio cooks the real meals.
One day Kat offered to make a sandwich for Silvio. He wanted a grilled cheese. Can't go wrong there, even for those with limited culinary experience. So off she went to the fridge. Kraft singles, butter, bread. Get the frying pan. Melt the butter. Fry until the sandwich is brown on both sides. Done! Looks good!
Kat brought the sandwich to Silvio, proud of her accomplishment. She watched as Silvio took a bite and waited for praise for her creation. Her look of pride turned to horror as Silvio began to scream. Pain didn't allow him to tell her what's wrong for a minute or two.
Finally, he was able to reveal to her the cause of his outburst. Forming on his chin was a bright red blister. Kat didn't understand. The sandwich had cooled enough before she brought it to him. What could have happened?
Peeling back the bread from the sandwich, the answer was obvious. When one makes a grilled cheese with Kraft singles, it is good practice to remove the cheese slices from the plastic wrappers. If this simple rule is not followed, the result of biting down on a plastic-wrapped slice of cheese may be compared to lava erupting from a volcano. Does not make for a happy lunch experience.
PS Kat also recently learned that pickles are cucumbers.


3 Comments:
Now, the pickle thing happened to my son just a couple weeks ago. I still don't think he believes me.
I can completely empathize with the cheese sandwich. Why is it always the easiest parts of the job the easiest to mess up?
I like the blog, nice setup!
Hey, you're my first comment! (I wish I had prizes to send out!) Thanks for the compliment on the setup!
No problem!
I'll stop by (semi) regularly! Cheers!
Post a Comment
<< Home