Paranoia vs. Faith
Neurotic thoughts that run through my head:
- I accidentally brought the cell phone to work with me today, instead of leaving it for my husband, as I usually do. Is this because I'm going to get in an accident and will need it?
- When someone is driving slowly ahead of me, is God saving me from an accident that may occur if I arrived at my destination a few minutes early?
- When it occurs to me to take an alternate route home "for a change", am I avoiding some tragic fate?
Can you tell I'm a bit fearful of car accidents? I've been in more than I can count...most of them not my fault. I've often said I think there's an invisible bullseye on my car. Granted I do have a weekly commute of about 250 miles, so that increases my odds a bit.
My husband does not like flying. He will NOT get on a plane (due to bad past experiences). I am frightened of flying, too, but love to travel, so I suck it up. When I try to convince my husband (unsuccessfully) to give it another try, I use the following logic: If it's your time to go...it's your time to go. There's not a d@mn thing you can do about it. You can't live your life fearful of what MAY be or you are not really living.
Physician, heal thyself.


3 Comments:
Still lurking about?
Hey, Steve! Thanks for being a loyal visitor! I've been embarassingly short of ideas lately, but hope to redeem myself in the near future! Will check your blog tomorrow!
If you're ever short on ideas and feel you need to post something just for the sake of posting, I would recommend looking at News of the Weird (just do a google search). You're almost sure to get something inane to mention for no good reason.
Or, in the alternative, you're always welcome to advertise my (or other people's, but mostly my) blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home