Google

Monday, May 16, 2005

How Did I Survive?

Being a relatively new parent, this question now plagues me. I'll admit that I spent the first 18 or so weeks of each of my pregnancies hoping for a girl...I ADORE my boys and wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING, but it was always my heart's dream to have at least one girl. However, recalling how I just barely escaped my teen years unscathed, I'm now thinking that we conceived the proper gender for us.

Which brings me to my own personal
STUPID TEENAGER TRICKS OF THE 80s, Volume I:

The Delaware Beach

- Going to the shore for a week with your 2 best friends "supervised by your friend's dad".

- Meeting local guys at the arcade. Going to a party with them way out in the boonies, in the back of their pickup truck, all passengers and the driver drinking beer.

- Making out in the woods with a guy who physically was a clone of Bo Duke and mentally a clone of Patrick from Spongebob.

- Riding all the way back home to another state with a different guy and a six pack...in an old Trans Am which required the Fred Flintstone technique to go backwards (I'm not kidding).

- Somehow managing to do all of the above without (a) getting killed (b) getting raped (c) getting arrested (d) getting busted by my mom for going to the beach unsupervised.


Tell me...will I have gained insight into lying teenage minds from these actions? I have to believe some good can come out of such idiocy. Hmmm...maybe a sign not to go for number three?

3 Comments:

Blogger StarGazer said...

Sounds like a typical teenage girl's life to me. I did many of the same type of things. Do I have children? Nope. I can't imagine hearing the same excuses/lies from my kids that I metted out and trying to believe them with a straight face. I don't think I'd ever be able to let my kids go anywhere, knowing what I know.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Buttercup and JOHN-43 said...

great blog :))))))

3:36 PM  
Blogger B said...

Thanks!!! Appreciate all guests and comments very much!! :D

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home